offer 1, 2, 3 and 4 hour rated Automactic Fire Roller Shutters
. All of our Automatic Fire Shutters are fully tested and certified to latest standard BSEN 1634-1.
Please note that we manufacture Single and Twin Skin lath Fire Rated Roller Shutters tested to 4 Hours. by Exova Fire and Safety. BSEN 1634-1.The double skin insulated lath offers additional heat radiation protection.
For full details of the materials used in our manufacturing process please give us a call and we can discuss any optional materials and also the merits of the various Fire Shutter options within your particular Fire Safety strategy.
Established in 1994, Westwood have many satisfied Fire Shutters customers nationwide and our Fire Shutters are manufactured by our own specialist production team. With our satellite bases around the country we offer an unrivalled national reach for Fire Shutter installations. We promise a quick turnaround for new Fire Shutters and in emergency situations will do our best to offer a same-day Fire Shutters replacement service. For 'supply only' we can offer a next day overnight Fire Shutter delivery service.
Please inform us if you propose to use the roller shutters a high-frequency usage like a car park in the initial quotation process. Our fire shutters are tested to BSEN 1634-1 at Exova Warrington Fire Global Safety. There are many areas where fire resistance testing and fire certification is required by national and international building regulations.
Our Fire Shutter installation vehicles are covered by Navman tracking systems, provided by Competitive Tracking. For your peace of mind, we know where all of our teams are at all times, so in real time we can tell you exactly when your Fire Shutters will be with you.
Please feel welcome to contact us over any matter that may occur to you. We are a friendly, approachable company and are more than willing to help in any way we can.
Automatic Fire Shutters | Fire Roller Shutters
Call Now For An Instant Automatic Fire Shutter Quote we can offer quick turnarounds!
Automatic Fire Shutters are an increasingly popular option and offer fire protection at up to four hours. Which is far greater than a standard non fire rated door or shutter. They can be used to section off and protect a particular part of a building, the whole building, or even provide protection between floors (horizontal fire shutters).
Automatic Fire Shutters help ensure businesses protect their goods, buildings and employees from the threat of a fire. While offering, potentially, significant delays to the spread of fire.
If you are a business owner and take the security and safety of your business, premises and staff seriously, you may be surprised to know that every year many businesses are forced to close as insurance companies often refuse to meet claims because building regulations and Loss Prevention Council requirements have not been met in relation to fire spread. Automatic Fire Shutters from Westwood Security are the perfect way to ensure compliance.
View Our Image Gallery
for more images of Fire Shutters.
Fire Shutters - Technical Details
There are three main methods of automatic operation.
- Firstly a fusible link involves the use of solder as connection in the circuit: heat radiated from a nearby fire causes the solder to melt and this activates the door.
- Secondly a fire relay means that the Automatic Fire Shutters or Fire Door is connected to the fire alarm system. When the alarm is sounded, the Fire Shutter activates.
- Finally, a delayed Audio/Visual Warning used in connection with the Fire Shutter is connected to the alarm system, and operates usually with a time delay very similarly to a fire relay. During this delay an additional alarm is sounded, warning those in close proximity to the door that is about to close, thus allowing them to exit the affected area.
Building regulations require that openings in fire resisting walls or partitions must have a door with an equivalent fire rating to that of the wall or partition.
- Fire Shutters Panel with 24 volt activation and single alarm, driven down by mains power supply.
- As Option 1 but including a UPS power supply for use in the event of mains power failure to the Fire Shutters.
- Fire Shutters Audio/Visual Panel, delay and split level drop with a 24 volt brake release gravity fail safe system.
We appreciate that you require a Quality Service at a Competitive Price!
Further technical information is available at www.fireratedshutter.co.uk
View The Fire Rated Roller Shutter Image Gallery
Westwood Roller Doors
are the perfect Security Shutters
for Shop Shutters and other commercial applications. We also supply Fire Rated Shutters
at competitive prices.