Atex Certified Motors available in our Fire Shutters.As part of our ongoing commitment to provide clients with a complete range of security options, we are now able to offer Fire Curtains and Smoke Curtains. Please call for details. Please contact us over any Roller Shutter Servicing and Maintenance matters that may occur to you. We are a friendly, approachable company and are more than willing to help in any way.
Roller Shutters Servicing and Maintenance
We can offer a free written quotation within the hour for Roller Shutter Maintenance Contracts.
[contact-us]Or Head Office and Production Facility is located in Central Manchester and we have a satellite depot in Central London. Our engineers cover all areas of the UK including Ascot, Banbury, Brighton, Bristol, Boston, Cambridge, Cheltenham, Chester, Coventry, Congleton, Darlington, Dewsbury, Dumfries, Edingburgh, Exeter, Glasgow, Gloucester, Harlow, Harrogate, Hereford, Huddersfield, Kings Lynn, Leicester, Lincoln, Luton, Maidstone, Middlesborough, Newcastle, Nottingham, Preston, Plymouth, Scunthorpe, Sheffield, Southampton, Sunderland, Swindon, Tamworth, Telford, Trafford Park, Warrington, Wrexham, Wolverhampton and Worcester. This gives us an unrivalled national reach. We offer a quick turnaround and in emergency situations will do our best to offer a same-day replacement service to ensure you have the security you need as quickly as possible. Please note that it is compulsory to ensure that your Roller Shutters comply with the Workplace Regulation 1992 Maintenance of Equipment, Devices and Systems. To comply fully with current regulations please make sure that the Roller Shutters are inspected at least once a year. Before starting with service and maintenance procedures on the Roller Shutters, a FREE NO-OBLIGATION survey may be undertaken. We offer competitive packages to suit all budgets. The work is carried out by experienced and dedicated professionals with every working part of the Roller Shutter maintained in detail. Nobody can help you to protect your Roller Shutter investment like Westwood Security Shutters Ltd. Please note and inform us if you propose to use the roller shutters for a high frequency usage, such as a car park, in the initial quotation process.
All year round Roller Shutters cover.Roller Shutter Door servicing and maintenance cover is provided 365 days of the year. Various roller shutters maintenance plans are available on request. All servicing work carried out on Roller Shutters is fully guaranteed and backed up by liability insurance cover.
Benefits of our Roller Shutters Servicing Packages
- Service and maintenance packages are available covering all levels of service required.
- Budget will not exceeded because there is one fixed cost.
- Ongoing working relationship with specialist company and engineers.
- Increased confidence in work carried out due to protection by British and European regulations.
A GUIDE TO YOUR OBLIGATIONS UNDER HEALTH AND SAFETY LAW REFERENCE MAINTENANCE OF INDUSTRIAL, COMMERCIAL DOORS AND ROLLER SHUTTER DOORS.The following pieces of legislation are particularly relevant when considering your legal responsibilities with regard to proper regular planned maintenance of industrial, commercial doors and roller shutter doors. These regulations are binding on the employer or occupier of a building or premises who have a duty to safeguard the health and safety of employees and other persons on or about the premises. Regulation 5 of the Workplace (Health, Safety and Welfare) Regulations 1992 Extract: The equipment devices and systems to which this regulation applies shall be subject to a suitable schedule of maintenance. This applies to all types of roller shutter doors whether manual or electrical operation. Regulation 5 of the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER) Extract A: Every employer should ensure that work equipment is maintained in an efficient state and in efficient working order and in good repair. Extract B: Every employer should ensure that where any machinery has a maintenance log, the log is kept up to date. This applies to all power operated doors. Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 Extract: Where necessary in order to safeguard the safety of relevant persons the responsible person must ensure that the premises and any facilities, equipment and devices provided are subject to a suitable system of maintenance and are maintained in an efficient state and in efficient working order and in good repair. This applies to any door provided as a fire exit, along an escape route or which provides fire containment or compartmentation. In order to satisfy the above regulations it is important that you can demonstrate:
- That regular maintenance is carried out at suitable intervals
- That potentially dangerous defects are remedied in a timely fashion
- That records are kept to document the above
- Name and contact details of the manufacturer
- Unique identification number
- Door location reference (if known)
- Name and contact details of the installer
- Date of completion of installation
- The results of installation verification and testing
- Identification of power unit
- Identification of safety devices
- The results
- All maintenance and repair visits
- Details of the work done
- Details of significant changes or upgrades
- Name, date and signature of responsible person in each instance
- A planned maintenance agreement for regular service and safety inspection
- A genuine 24 hour, 365 day reactive repair service
- Make significant savings on repair and maintenance costs in the long term
- Easily identify and retrieve details of any door within your organisation
- Download operating and maintenance instructions for the door and connected equipment
- View safety, maintenance and repair history including date and cost
- Analyse the history to identify costly and potentially unsafe doors and help with budget preparations